Thursday, August 19, 2010

What's your worst taxi experience and how did you deal with it?

For all of us who have to commute and take public transport, taking a cab can sometimes be a roller coaster ride, figuratively and literally. We all had our share of the good, the bad and the ugly when riding taxis. Share to the Answers community your worse taxi experience and how you dealt with it and let's learn from each other on what to do and not do when we're having a bad experience in riding a taxi.What's your worst taxi experience and how did you deal with it?
it was about 3am and the streets of manhattan were clear of traffic (middle of the week) so i catch a cab going from 30th street westside going to 100 street eastside I am on the phone when i get in the cab and notice the cab driver is on the phone also so i pay it no mind keep having my discussion after about 15 minutes i notice the meter says 15 dollars and i am no father then maybe 6 blocks from the start of the ride with no traffic around so naturally i hang up the phone and ask the cab driver what he is doing he turns to me and says i am driving to where you wanna go i say well how is it no traffic and we are only 6 blocks from where we started and the meter says 15 dollars already he says well sir thats how the machine and fair is so of course as a native NYer i tell him ok fine i take this trip all the time at this time of night and it normally costs me 25 dollars with the tip so if we don't get to where we going by the time that meter hits 25 dollars you will not get paid you will not get a tip and i will call the cops so needless to say we got to where we was going it cost me 20 dollars and i told the man if he ever pulled that again with me in the car we would have a problem and I did not tip him another time i got in a cab the man put the meter on drove 3 blocks noticed someone left a envelope in his car he procedded to pull over and look at the envelope i said what are you doing he said oh the last customer left this here i am looking for info to bring it bak to him i said ok well is he paying for this cab ride he said no i said ok well then why the hell you got the meter running if you are not driving me to my destination when you get me to where i am going you can worry about that customerWhat's your worst taxi experience and how did you deal with it?
I was in a taxi in Hanoi, Vietnam. While we were moving along I noticed that the meter stopped working properly. Oh oh, I thought. The driver's going to overcharge me. I knew how much the fare was supposed to be, so I knew what was a reasonable fare and what was unreasonable. We got to my destination - the train station - and he told me that I owed him more than double what I should've owed him. I objected, so he locked me in his cab. He wouldn't let me out. What did I do? I paid what he asked for, didn't put up a struggle, and got out. Safety first. No tourist police in Hanoi, and anyway I had to catch a train. Now when I get into a taxi (in certain situations, not all) I have a pen and paper ready. I write down any information I can so I can later identify the driver if I'm cheated. In the case that I just described, there was really not much I could've done differently. When it was time to find a taxi, I had to catch a train. There woulsd be a big language barrier between me and the driver, so there was no time to negotiate a price before agreeing to the ride or not, or wait for a cheaper taxi to come along. By the way, that was the only bad thing that happened to me in Vietnam, which I really really liked.
well one time i told the driver to take a certain street (which only has stops signs at cross road


while he wanted to take wilshire (which has long traffic lights)


I told to go the way I suggeste or i will would report him


(he went the way I suggested)


another time (I have this taxi debit card


and saw a taxi at taxi zone i showed my card and he told he wasnt working! (if wasnt workig


then wTF was he doing sitting in a taxi zone)
  • gray hair
  • microsoft office
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment