Thursday, August 19, 2010

Do you and your spouse sleep together? Or do you have opposite sleeping schedules or sleep in different beds?

How important is it to you, to sleep lying next to your spouse?Do you and your spouse sleep together? Or do you have opposite sleeping schedules or sleep in different beds?
It's important to me to sleep with him. With that said, we have separate rooms. He's just not into me anymore.Do you and your spouse sleep together? Or do you have opposite sleeping schedules or sleep in different beds?
It's not the end of the world, but I REALLY don't like sleeping alone.





If I wake up and she's not there, I'm sad.





I only go to the couch or guest bedroom if I am having a REALLY rough night - like if I'm tossing and turning a lot, or have a bad cough that keeps her up.
As a couple, you adjust. Wife needs to sleep 8+ hours a night, I have never been able to sleep more than 3-4 hours.
Nope, we dont sleep together because he snores pretty bad and im an extremely light sleeper (so if we are in the same bed, i dont sleep at all)... so bad mix.





It used to bother me alot because a few years ago, he didnt snore. It just started 6 months ago, which made us stop sleeping in the same bed. It used to bother me alot, but in a way, i kind of enjoy the space (i get to spread out completely over the mattress to be comfortable and i dont have to worry about invading his space :p
I like it, it's a comfort thing. It's nice once and a while to be able to stretch out in the bed or roll around but it's much nicer to have her right there.
Mostly we sleep apart. I am a terribly light sleeper, and he snores, moves a lot, and gets up to pee, and, and and.





Plus, I am extremely warm at night, and he can't stand it...he says he wakes up gasping.





So...we tried valiantly for a while after marrying, but after months of waking up exhausted, bleary eyed, and grumpy, we gave up.





I don't mind, he doesn't mind...and although I miss cuddling (we still do, but not as much) up to him, it's for the greater good.
My spouse and I sleep in the same bed everynight. There are times when are toddler gets up and I have to go sleep in the other room with her. But we fall asleep together every night and most of the time we fall asleep on the couch watching tv. It is very important to me. I have seen to many couples who sleep in different beds and their relationships are not good. My husband and I have our problems but since we refuse to sleep without the other, they are always worked out before bed.
Since she won't touch me or talk to me or look at me, i have no incentive to be with her in bed. Therefore, she goes to bed first and i look at pr0n and wack off, then i go to bed and she's already asleep. In the morning, i get up first and look at pr0n and wack off while i eat breakfast. then i go to the gym, and while i am there, she gets up.





So, technically we sleep in the same bed, but realistically we haven't had any meaningful ';joint sleeping'; in years.
Together. Two dogs usually wind up in between us in our queen sized bed. :) It's a tight fit, but it's still cozy. If I had to sleep alone in a bed I wouldn't know what to do with all that extra space!
Well both my wife and I travel a lot so many nights we not only sleep in different beds, we also sleep on different corners of the world! Like right now she's in Manila Philippines and I'm in Bellaire, it's night where she is and day here. But it's ever so sweet when we both get to make it home on the same days.
I sleep with my spouse. Even if we are annoyed with each other..we still want to lay together in bed at night. During the day we may go do our own thing for awhile...but in the evening and night we come back together.
We sleep together. When he is away I have a very hard time getting to sleep. I love to entwine my legs around his or just be close.
Smashed together.


We are ';snuggly/spoon'; sleepers in a queen bed.


I HATE to be alone: I freeze and feel lonely.


When he isn't there I leave the tv on all night.


xoxoxo
With my ex--he worked nights, I worked days so we never slept together.





Now--yes we sleep together in the same bed. I love sleeping next to him.
If we didn't sleep together I wouldn't stay married to him. The intimacy is that important to me.


Even if one of us is sick, we both sleep on the couches in the living room, close enough to reach out and touch one another. That way if the one that is sick needs anything at all, the other one is right there to help. We even go to bed at the same time every night. If one wants to stay up late and the other is tired, then the tired one naps on the couch until the other one wakes them up to go to bed.


Maybe it wouldn't work for everyone, but it works for us.
We sleep together. I don't think we'd sleep apart unless there was some big reason not to.


We sleep on a full bed (small eh?) and usually our 2 cats like to sleep with us, so it's quite a crowded bed!
We sleep together, same bed. I cant sleep without him!
I try to sleep with my husband but when the snoring starts, I head for the guest bedroom.
It's still important for my spouse and myself to lay next to each other. Even when I had a pretty bad head injury and couldn't sleep in my bed, my husband slept at one end of the couch and I slept at the other---for weeks this was our routine.
WOW I had no idea so many people slept apart it's amazing to me. The person who never touches or speaks to spouse but choses self pleasure at breakfast table well what's keeping you there the kids or lack of pre nup.





The ones that snoring bothers them they should have read the articles where snoring can be fixed easily by removing the tonsils in some and a band for others.





For those that like their space try a king size bed instead of double or queen. If it'll fit in the room.





We have a problem sleeping together that began after my second car accident. I can't sleep more than a few hours before back cramps up. I wake up and it woke her up. Or I'd sit up


and watch TV with captions below and light bothers her. But if I'm wide awake for next 3-4 hours what to do? Read book with Book Lamp that's attached to pages bothers her.





So I chose to sleep in my office on a king size leather sofa for two years and to migrate back into our room back then 2/3 times per week for tickels and giggles. We had Queen size bed and since I left our two collies decided to join her for company. Three years ago I got fed up with leaving room late at night after fun games and I bought King Size bed. The two monsters still try to sleep with us but usually we ignore their whines and cries to get into our room. 6 months ago my pain syndrom went totally hay wire and I was up all night trying my best to sleep and this time she chose the couch taking the monsters with her. But in the last two months she has been coming back to bed more often just to be close and get back rubs. And since she came back I fall asleep in short amounts of time again. It's odd but true. If our collies stay out I can now sleep up to 4 hours stay up 1 hour and go back to sleep and the tv or book light won't wake her up as before.





So it's been a struggel but we have come full circle and it does make you feel more close to that person sharing the same bed.





My suggestion to others is keep searching for ways to sleep together if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment