Saturday, August 21, 2010

How to reduce your body fat percentage?

I'm 24, 5'0';, 109 lbs, and I got my body fat percentage professionally measured by this new thing called the ';Bod Pod';. It measured me at 30% body fat and labeled as ';excessive fat';. I'm a little weirded out consider I'm within normal weight range for my age and height.They told me to do more cardio but my question is I work out on high intensity for 6 days a week and I do 3 days of strength training.





How exactly do you lower your body fat percentage without losing too much weight. I want to get my body fat percent to at least 18%-22% which is considered 'normal.'How to reduce your body fat percentage?
Lose 4 pounds. The heavier the strength training the more muscle you have, therefore you have less fat. Run at least 1 hour at least 3 times a week. 21% to 24% fat is normal. 17% to 20% is the lowest I would go. My wife seems to be losing about 1% body fat every 4 to 6 weeks. If you lose 4 pounds and 3 of it is fat, that is what cardio will do for you, you will be 28% body fat. The easiest place for you to put on muscle would probably be your legs, next would be your back, those are the largest muscle groups.How to reduce your body fat percentage?
do cardio exercises 2 hrs a day, 4 times a week until you have the normal amount of body fat. search some cardio exercise videos on youtube
You lack muscle mass so my suggestion to you would be to do weight lifting several times a week wiih heavy weights and low reps, i.e. 8-12 reps x 3 sets of each exercise. Protein intake should be about 80g per day to help encourage muscle growth.





For cardio, high intensity cardio interval training 3 x per week is ideal. This is short bursts of high intensity activity for 30-60 seconds followed by 60-90 seconds recovery phase repeated for up to 15 minutes (plus 5 min warm up).





Also the normal body fat percentage range for women is 15%-30% so aiming for 20%-25% would be ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment