Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do you control your emotions?

ive done a lot of researching and its pretty much 90% positive that im bipolar.....which is wierd scary and depressing for me...i just cant handle all these emotions though...i feel like im spilling over with them just about ready to explode....how do i control them?How do you control your emotions?
breathe in. breathe out. or just go to therapy.How do you control your emotions?
if you know how try and repress then untill they pass, of if your feeling angry scream into a pillow and the emotion will go, aslong as you express them your safe... repressing emotions is a technique but it makes them worse in the long run
When the chemical in your brain that is normally balanced, becomes unbalanced and makes you basically go insane. You dont know what ur doing your are all over the place with you actions. And as far as emotions go when ur insane and dont know what the hell you are doing you have all types of emotions, not just pissed one moment happy the next thats called PMS


Oh and you cant control anything when your not on your meds. you have to take meds to keep the chemical balanced
If you're bipolar, or think you are, you need to be medically diagnosed and they'll give you the proper therapy and/or medicines.
I find it hard to control my anger
Control isn't the answer. Dealing with them is much better. I heard someone once say 'what is the thing we have the most of and know the least about?' The answer is emotions. We are not machines which can turn our emotions on or off. They need to be dealt with in a healthy manner. If you think you are bipolar then seek professional help.





Good luck
I know what u mean, ur going through a lot of mixed feeling, I hope u plan on going to the doc'; so thy can test u to make sure u do have Bipolar Disorder. There are three different stages of Bipolar disorder. 1st is bad, and third is not that bad. U need to get some med'; and it will help reline ur emotions . if I remember right we had this talk before and i told u about my ex, when she missed her meds, she would do nothing but cry one minuet, and yelling the next, and ok in a hour latter. Like i said, u need to go as soon as u can, if u have not done it already. And there is no controlling it, it dose all the controlling. U under stand what I'm saying ?


I wish u the best of luck hun.
Bipolar is not all about emotions..... that is just a small part of it. Mood affects everything about you. Your energy level, sexuality, sleep patterns, appetite, emotions (which emotions you feel and how strongly, self esteem, judgment, attitude, etc........ However, if it is affecting your life you should go see your family so he can rule out anything physical like hormones (the most likely culprit when emotions are out of control), thyroid or blood sugar issues.... if he can't find anything he may refer you to a psychiatrist....





People with Bipolar Disorder do not change emotions quickly, they go through long periods of deep depression followed by long periods of mania or elevated mood, long periods meaning weeks or months or years.....





This is what it is like to have Bipolar disorder:





Depression - too tired to get out of bed, shower, even to brush my teeth. Cry all the time, sleep 16 hours a day. Feelings of self loathing and guilt that drive me to think of suicide but I'm to tired to even think about how to go about killing myself....... this can last from a couple of weeks to a couple of years.





Mania - Way too happy! PARTY GIRL! love drink and drugs. Talk really fast and pressured because my thoughts are going faster than my mouth can keep up with. Hypersexual - like I sleep with strangers and guys I just met on the internet or I masturbate 10 times a day. I once became bisexual because there were twice as many people to sleep with. Spending sprees..... I once spent my mortgage money on african violets, yep, $1500 on African violets (then I got depressed and let them all die). Quit my job because I wanted my vacation pay for lottery tickets and I was so convinced I would win that I started shopping and writing bad checks because I'd be rich as soon as the numbers were drawn. Only sleep 2 or maybe 3 hours a night for months on end and never feel tired. In the end I was unemployed, $30,000 in debt, and had almost lost my home. This can last for months.





I also have mixed states when I am depressed and manic at the same time which are truly the worst... By body and mind are depressed but there is this undercurrent of energy running all the time..... I'm highly emotional but the emotions tend to be negative (guilt and anger) I have intrusive thoughts and urges to mutilate myself (like wanting to stick my hands in the garbage disposal or cooking them on the BBQ). This is when I am most susceptible to suicide because I am depressed, wanting to hurt myself, and I have the mental energy to plan and carry it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment