Saturday, August 21, 2010

Exercising Newbie: Wants To Know How Not To Get Sore?

So just yesterday running on the rush of my new found love and relationship, I decided to start exercising so I could become healthy. So I started to exercise and now I am in quite horrible pain, it seems I overdid it. It hurts so badly, so I want to know.





1. How do you avoid horrible muscle pain after exercising?


2. How do you ease muscle pain when you accidentally overdid it?


3. How do you know when to end your workout to avoid feeling really sore after?


4. Is the burning sensation bad when you exercise? or is it good?Exercising Newbie: Wants To Know How Not To Get Sore?
As an athlete who always goes through the soreness after the beginning of sport season, I doubt you overdid it. With exercising, you need to challenge yourself. If your body isn't used to exercising so much, you will be in some pain until your body adjusts. Don't worry, before long it won't be so painful to exercise! One thing that really helps is to stretch before and AFTER exercising. This doesn't make sure you won't have any pain, but it certainly lessens the soreness you will have the next day. If you really think you overdid it, take a hot shower or bath. It may sound weird, but stretching in the shower is usually very helpful! I'm not sure what kind of workout you're doing, and when you should stop and how to know when to stop really depend on the type of exercise. For cardio (jogging, elliptical, biking), you should do at least 20 minutes of exercise that really has your heart racing and your breathing heavy. Also, there's nothing wrong with taking a little advil the day after your workout! It will certainly help alleviate some of the soreness. I'm not quite sure what you mean by a burning sensation, and it's unclear when you feel this burning sensation. It could be good or bad, and since I don't know the circumstance, I can't tell you which.Exercising Newbie: Wants To Know How Not To Get Sore?
1. stretch





2. I just put up with it... but i think taking a bath with some epsom salt helps.





3. just end it after you really start to feel it... to be honest though it isn't bad that you are sore, just means you worked hard!!





4. when I'm racing I have no choice but accept that burn but if you are just easing into running try to avoid that or you might overwork and injure yourself.
1. Stretch stretch stretch! Do all kinds of stretches before attempting to exercise! It really helps. Stretch after exercising too.


2. Take Advil. Haha. If that doesn鈥檛 help or if you don't have access to any use warm compresses on the areas that are sore.


3. If you are running I would recommend running till you feel tired. As I said before if you stretch that will REALLY help.


4. Nope! Happens to me all the time when I am going fast. I think it means that you are exerting a fair amount of energy. If it鈥檚 getting pretty bad then keep on going. Actually after awhile it feels better and you have a new wave of energy.


Hope it helped!
Well i have a couple questions for you:


What did you do during your workout? How long has it been since you exercised on a regular basis? How old are you?





Since you are just starting a new exercise program and your body is not used to it- it is very common to be sore. Because you have been inactive, you need to start slowly and gradually progress to exerting yourself more, walking/running further, lifting more weights, doing more reps of an exercise, etc. Your body is not used to this activity so be gentle in your pursuit to get healthy.


As far as easing soreness is concerned, you can take a bath in Epsom Salt (available at most drug stores) or take some Ibuprofen.


for more information on exercising and nutrition, check out my blog at http://strive2bfit.com


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment