Thursday, August 19, 2010

How important is weight gain in a relationship?

How do you cope if your partner (or you) has noticeably gained weight?





Is it possible to still be attracted to your partner when they have gained weight you're not crazy about?





Have you ever split up over weight gain?





Any thoughts on weight gain in a relationship appreciated.How important is weight gain in a relationship?
I dumped a guy for calling me fat when I was at my thinnest. I', 5'7'; and at that time I was 125lbs. So whenever I had my period and I'd get bloated, my belly would be ';softer'; than it usually is. Every month like clock work, he'd remind me how ';soft'; my midsection has gotten. I'd eat candy during my period and he'd tell me to lay off it because I'm fat as it is.


I dumped him after 5 months of his b.s.





I'm married now and I certainly do not weigh what I used to especially after having kids.





My husband says I'm not skinny or fat so the size I am now works for him.





He has gained a substantial amount of weight and the only thing that troubles me is his protruding belly. He looks pregnant after a meal.





Either way, we love each other and we are more than happy with the way either one looks like.How important is weight gain in a relationship?
I think its important to take care of your body but I wouldn't leave my husband if he suddenly gained 15 pounds. Some people cant control weight gain due to medical issues.
Sure you can still be attracted, and stuff happens - gravity and all.





However, I feel a basic obligation to my husband to remain attractive to him as long as I reasonably can. He's happy. I'm happy.
Being fat is a symptom of laziness and sloth.





NOT acceptable.





Sorry!
Weight gain should be dealt with. We didn't marry big fat pigs so why should we have to put up with that?





My wife and I exercise several times a week to continue to look good for each other and for our own self esteem and health.
The PC answer is that is doesn't matter.














The truth? The appearance of my partner and more importantly her self image and willingness to take care of herself are important to me. So yea, it's an issue.
Unless it is going from slim to grossly obese - a little weight gain should not matter at all!
I would be upset. It's not like its not preventable. Just because you got married, doesn't give you the right to throw in the towel on your appearance!





Luckily for me, my husband just has a nice lean body type. He can shovel in 4 cheeseburgers and milkshake without gaining an ounce.





I run 5 days a week. I try to keep my body fit, for me and my husbands benefit.





Besides, you only have one body, why not make the most of it?
The Harpoons.








MAN THEM!
My hubby is not the best looking man. I definitely think i am the far more attractive partner. We were friends for years before we started dating. I never saw him as more than a friend, because he was not that attractive. However, after I finally gave him a chance I realized he is the best compliment to me. And the sex is ...whooooo!





But really if the weight gain bothers you that much, then there really is a underlying issue. Like maybe she doesn't take care of herself at all nowadays. If it is non of the above then why don't you suggest working out together, it would also be considered quality time. And everyone gains weight in a relationship if it is a happy one.
Is this a question about weight gain?
I think you can leave a spouse who has weight gain and FAILS to make an effort to lose it.....but there are many reasons for sudden weight gain that can be medical like thyroid issues and so on that must be checked first because those things can not be helped but can be controlled once diagnosed.


Everyone ages, gains a little weight, gets wrinkles but people really should take care of their bodies and maintain themselves.Gaining a lot of weight for no reason other then being lazy is not fair to the spouse who maintains thier looks and is very unhealthy.


As a woman and stay at home mom, I stay slim and fit by running with my dog and I put on makeup everyday and wear jeans and nice tops, my husband dosent expect me to be perfect but I like to look good for him and he makes me feel good with compliments.
  • gray hair
  • microsoft office
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment